Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has said the national team is too united to be broken by external forces.
Earlier, the As newspaper, citing Record, reported that Ronaldo was furious when he was not included in the starting lineup for the 1/8 finals of the World Cup in Qatar against the Swiss team (6:1).
According to the publication, he argued about this with head coach Fernando Santos and was ready to leave the World Cup. On Thursday, the Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) denied this.
Previously, Ronaldo appeared in every game of the World Cup from the first minutes, but Santos changed him in the second half. Portuguese media reported that Ronaldo used offensive language against Santos when he left the field in the third round of the group stage match against South Korea (1:2). Later, the coach said that he did not like the striker’s reaction to the replacement.